[time-nuts] Tracor 599J Mods?

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Fri Jul 6 03:31:19 UTC 2012

Paul Swed and I have been working on this for a few months, mostly using a
standard method of extracting the carrier from a BPSK signal by analog
squaring it to make 120 kHz, then dividing that by two.

The problem is, with the poor signal on the east coast, the divider,
whether a flip-flop or a Miller Divider, occasionally slips a half cycle,
causing the receiver's loop to do precisely the wrong thing.

Best,

-John