[time-nuts] Allan Deviation question

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 6 15:08:36 UTC 2012

On 7/6/12 7:51 AM, Azelio Boriani wrote:
> Yes, I'm also interested in how-to. At the moment I think it is a hack:
> there is no sound card AFAIK that accepts a reference input. I have
> recently bought an Acqiris/Agilent DP105/U1067A 150MHz 500Ms/s digitizer
> PCI card that accepts an external 10MHz as a reference for the sampling
> process.

while there are no "sound cards" (in the sense that they physically plug
into the PC bus) with external clock inputs, there are quite a few sound
interfaces that take a sample clock input (e.g. at 44.1, 48,96, 192) of
some sort.

A lot of them use 1394/Firewire (for historical reasons)

what you're looking for is "word clock in"  or similar things