[time-nuts] Allan Deviation question

Bill Dailey docdailey at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:59:54 UTC 2012

Removed the oscillator and send it the required freq (24.576MHz) that is disciplined to 10MHz.  Put an sma connector next to the card in the little cover on the pci slot.  Currently using my ds345 but am getting a Valon Synthesizer board with a divider.  Tried ve1alq but the dividers aren't right and can't seem to fix that.  Have a vcxo but no way to discipline it.  Just going to break down and go the Valon route.  Will also use it for 125MHz for my qs1r.

Have done this setup with 2 sound cards.  One is a SB xfi surround USB and the other is fata1ity extreme gamer.  Works like a charm for both.  20uHz plus minus through my radio (with 10MHz signal)  Should be much better with audio but can test because my ds345 is tied up.  I would bet I will have substantially sub-uHz precision is the audio only domain.

Doc
KX0O

Sent from my iPhone