[time-nuts] HP 117/10509a...

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Sat Jul 7 15:44:23 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "paul swed" <paulswedb at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
<time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2012 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] HP 117/10509a...

Pretty sure NIST will not do anything. Just to set expectations.
We are fortunate that to some extent John Lowe is responding to questions.
But we are on our own.
I think the big lesson I have already learned is that there are lots of
standard approaches to solving the problem Micros FPGAs dpll pll.....
But the fun comes in when you account for the 17 db amplitude variation for
modulation. With propagation, with BPSK and sprinkle in noise thats higher
in level then the signal that contains impulse and random crud.

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul et. al.,

Is there any farther information on Loran or eLoran? Is it dead for good?

Regards,
Tom