[time-nuts] Sigem SGM5610 GPS module AKA MKN5610

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 14:13:44 UTC 2012

Just out of interest, does anyone know why the Sigem SGM5610 GPS  module,
later rebranded as the Mobile Knowledge MKN5610, seems to  be very popular?

I can't find a spec for 1PPS accuracy in either the data sheet or  manual
so wouldn't expect too much demand for timing purposes, but of all the  files
I've made available over the past few years via my Rapidshare account this
one consistently tops the "best seller" list, and I don't recall posting
notice  of its availability anywhere other than here.

Demand for most files tails off as they get uploaded elsewhere and become
more generally available but this one just continues to flow out the  door
at a steady trickle, it's up to 260 downloads now and with no signs of  it
stopping anytime soon:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR