[time-nuts] WWVB a different approach to d-bpsk-r (cheating)

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Jul 14 21:50:37 UTC 2012

Paul,

On 07/14/2012 10:56 PM, paul swed wrote:
> Bob
> Yes nights are bad for me, east coast and MSF interference.
> So it could be any number of 60 KHz crossing its just odd it lined up the
> way it did and I double confirmed that I was not doing something silly like
> using alternate triggers.

As your house and antenna rig (nice antenna by the way) lies 2795060 m
away from the WWVB transmitter house (approximation for north and south
antenna phase-center to get a first measure) and considering that each
60 kHz cycle takes about 5 km (4996.54 m will do for approximation) it
is not strange that they line up for you, as you are 559.399 cycles away
from the WWVB antenna, and there are numbers of factors I haven't
corrected for, like actual speed of light. How much ground wave are you
seeing?

Cheers,
Magnus

> Very careful analysis does show a 1-2 us jitter and at diurnal shift I
> really expect something to change it has to.

The amount of ionospheric reflection will most probably be part of it.

Cheers,
Magnus