[time-nuts] WWVB and Free Democracies Survival

Lee Mushel herbert3 at centurytel.net
Sun Jul 15 23:44:54 UTC 2012

Well, it could have been ELF whose Seafarer antenna was located at Clam Lake
Wisconsin.   My grandfather built a vacation cabin just north of Clam Lake
and it was a big deal to visit the place.   That was before the peaceniks
were demonstrating since they didn't seem to want our submarines to do too
much damage to Russia.   I think that antenna was almost 30 miles
long---don't quote me but it was an important component in the very low
frequency communications system of the Navy......

Lee   K9WRU