[time-nuts] WWVB and Free Democracies Survival

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Mon Jul 16 01:28:42 UTC 2012

I believe they called that system a "bell ringer". It let the sub know that
it had to come close to the surface to receive new information. I'll need to
google around to find more about it.

We had a ELF transmitter (NSS) in Annapolis that transmitted about 1 MW at
about 24 kHz. Anyone ever seen 3 inch diameter litz wire?

Regards,
Tom