[time-nuts] XL-DC Antenna Requirements

Chris Hoffman cq.kg6o at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 21:59:52 UTC 2012

All,

Though somewhat outmoded, looking forward to starting my own time shop with two XL-DC controllers that I have been lucky enough to pick up recently.

My question: Do I really need to invest in the likes of the HP 58532A antennae, or will my surplus Trimble magnetic antennae -- magnetically attached to a random ferrous backplane -- do?

I guess what I am really asking: what are the relevant antenna design requirements here, and does the advent of as 32-satellite-constellation have any effect upon the antenna choice (i.e. design downgrade) for the TrueTime XL-DC?

-CH

Chris Hoffman
cq.kg6o at gmail.com
http://ar.ctur.us