[time-nuts] Phase modulation detection/NIST plan

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Mon Jul 16 22:41:58 UTC 2012

Just because I like Brie, doesn't mean I like French Bread or wine.

I am interested in Standards of Time Interval for engineering purposes.

I havn't looked at my oven clock in probably 25 years. I presume it's
accurate twice a day or somewhere on earth, but I couldn't care less.

IMO, adding a clock to an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, toaster oven,
coffee maker, etc. is simply another useless feature. Bling to catch the
eye of the clueless shopper.

I'd much rather the maker spent the $0.50 a digital clock costs on
meaningful quality improvements in those features that actually matter.

YMMV,

-John