[time-nuts] XL-DC Antenna Requirements

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 00:11:59 UTC 2012

Hi Chris;
There were a number of XL-DC produced with 12vdc antenna power and should be marked near the connector. There are also some marked "Down converter required". Other then then those the 58532A is a great choice andf sold under a number of names such as VIC-100, the Lucent antennas are also nice. The lucent are available in three gains 20, 26, 40 dB version. Most are the 26dB version and are a great product. Placement can be important, and although you could use indoors it will perform best as low as possible with a full view of the sky. (Low to avoid terrestrial interference).

Thomas Knox