[time-nuts] Timing Health Monitoring

Chris Hoffman, KG6O cq.kg6o at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:09:48 UTC 2012

What advice does anyone have on building/finding cheap [visual?] comparison devices to display or detect a timing [lesajo?] from my 10MHz sine wave ports?

Further, what timing/health metrics could/should I be aware of and/or looking for?

I do not want to spend good money on another oscillicope if I can help it, but I do want to see, or at least be remotely  aware of clock slips/walks and other anomalies. I am thinking about building an embedded system to automate monitoring, configuration, and alerts... perhaps using an Arduino.

-CH