[time-nuts] HP 3586B Selective Level Meter

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 11:05:12 UTC 2012

I have one of these as well, interesting instrument.  I used it with an adapter
for a while then one day got tired of that and found a nice BNC from my bin
which fit beautifully and got rid of the weird connector.  It's much nicer this
way.  At these frequencies the connector type is based on usability convenience
and for me the BNC was just a lot easier to deal with.  Perhaps the day that
wiggling the adapter made the readings move a few tenths of a dB convinced me.

Peter