[time-nuts] Zero-Crossing Detector Design?

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Thu Jul 19 18:58:59 UTC 2012

This is sort of a FAQ: the argument was already discussed here. One of the
most interesting idea (in my opinion) is to use an RS485 line receiver like
the ST3485, MAX483, ADM485. They are actually transceivers so they must be
tied permanently in RX. Since they are differential you can also put a 1:1
(or a 1:4 to raise the level) transformer to isolate the input too.