[time-nuts] Trimble T Lassen 2 - suitableantenna....advice.....questions

C. Turner turner at ussc.com
Mon Jul 23 18:26:40 UTC 2012

My old '465 will trigger on the 1pps, but it's far easier to see the
trigger LED flash than finesse the brightness/sweep to make it visible -
something possible only on a 'scope with a decently bright tube.

Another cheap/easy trick to detect the 1pps pulse is simply to "listen"
to it with an audio amplifier.

While it can be heard on my Tbolt and '3801 with just a headphone
connected, a cheap audio amplifier works better, stretching the pulse
out and making an obvious "tick" at the 1 PPS rate.  I suppose that a
diode/cap (1N914/1000pf) could be used to further stretch it...

Clint