[time-nuts] Shorthand

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 24 03:52:13 UTC 2012

On 7/23/12 3:23 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Yes, there are several ways to represent frequencies:
>
> 1) Absolute units of Hz. For example 60 Hz, or 32.768 kHz, or
> 3.579545 MHz, or 9.192631770 GHz. Note some modern texts use s⁻¹ (1/s
> or s-1) instead of Hz or Hertz. Or, you can always show your age and
> use cps (cycles per second).

or, as the directional couplers I've been working with the last few
weeks say, 2-4 KMC

We have boxes of these Narda 10,20 and 30 dB couplers with N connectors,
all bought for Ranger and Mariner.  I joke that they are older than most
of the engineers using them.  The cal tags on some probably qualify as
historical documents.