[time-nuts] HP 3586 Questions

Bill Riches bill.riches at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 11:06:49 UTC 2012

I did install a bnc connector for input - pain - it took a few hours.  Save
yourself a lot of grief and purchase a Canare bcj-vwp bnc adapter from
Markertech or others.  Works fine.

Bill Riches, WA2DVU

Now that I have my new [30 year old] HP 3586 making measurements over the
GPIB bus I have a few questions.

Setting AVErage makes measurements take about three seconds.
Is there a way to control the number of samples averaged?

How difficult is it to open up the 3586 to replace the input connector with
a BNC connector?

Is there a way to update and/or hack the firmware?  Is source code
available?

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com