[time-nuts] Looking for info on an old WWVB receiver

ed breya eb at telight.com
Wed Jul 25 03:48:22 UTC 2012

I recently picked up an interesting early 1970s vintage WWVB
receiver, Model 630, made by "Specific Products" of Monrovia, CA -
that's what the adhesive sticker on the front says, and the name "1
MHz Time Base Calibrator (Utilizes WWVB accuracy of 2 parts in
10^11)." There's also a pair of banana jacks labeled "1 MHz Input," a
row of incandescent lamps for a signal strength indicator, and a
power switch. The back says "Model LF 60S," and has six RCA jacks for
"100 kHz Output," "60 kHz Output," "Recorder Output," "Antenna
Input," "(divide sign) 10 Output," and "Time Code Output." There's
also the line cord and a +12VDC output RCA jack.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything or sources of info about this
thing. With all the recent talk of WWVB changing to spread-spectrum,
it may be useless anyway, except for some parts, but I'm curious
about whether it's worth saving.

Ed