[time-nuts] 5MHz ocxo

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 25 22:36:59 UTC 2012

Take another look at flea bay.  If you search for < "5 mhz" oscillator >
and weed out the trash there are a few decent looking units.

As for repairing the original, go for it.  You can't make it any worse.
I would use a utility knife to scrape away as much solder as possible
but don't use the sharp edge of the blade, use the back of the sharp
edge so that it cuts more like a cutter on a lathe or milling machine.
Once you've got the excess out of the road, my tool of choice is a
micro-torch.  Pre-heating with a heat gun might be a good idea, too.  If
you search the archives you'll find more ideas on opening these things.

Ed