[time-nuts] 5MHz ocxo- Opening Solder sealed cans

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Thu Jul 26 19:49:08 UTC 2012

Pick up a few sticks of ChipQuik and mix it in with a good iron. Then, you
may do just what you say. It should melt below about 95°C.
A good hot air heat gun would most likely do the trick. Maybe use some
solder wick first to lower the amount of tin/lead solder. Then add the
chipquik.

You might also just solder a tab on the bottom then you could clamp the top
in a leather jawed vise. Hit it with a hot air gun while pulling on the base
tab.

Tom