[time-nuts] Lightsquared questionfor SFO area....

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 28 04:34:52 UTC 2012

On 7/27/12 6:42 PM, Brian, WA1ZMS wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is ANY recent active Lightsquared testing taking
> place in the SFO area of the US?

Very unlikely.. they've lost their experimental license.

> I'm dealing with a day-job issue with GPS clocks in the Bay Area showing
> "GPS unlocked" errors from 3rd party equipment.

there are myriad sources of interference out there.  Jammers are a BIG
problem in urban areas (truckers and cab drivers use them to defeat
their GPS based tracking systems and time clocks).

there's a great set of articles over the past few months in GPS World
about it.