[time-nuts] Active antennas for a Thunderbolt...

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jul 30 15:41:11 UTC 2012

On a window sill, my Motorola hockey pucks will get a useable satellite
every few minutes, for a few minutes.  If the antenna is out in the yard,
it does much better, but all satellite signals are really low.
The system would like another 10 or 20db of gain... which is what the
Trimble bullet antenna would provide if it worked.  The 50db Micro Pulse
antena should have been ideal... if it worked.... Sigh!

-Chuck Harris