[time-nuts] Active antennas for a Thunderbolt...

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Jul 30 19:20:56 UTC 2012

My first Thunderbolt related GPS antenna was the mushroom model
that came with my first kit from China.  It had a length of 50 ohm
rg58 attached.  I added another 50 feet of rg6 to reach the Thunderbolt
in my office.  It worked fine but needed an amp to drive two Thunderbolts.

I then bought one of the 40bd antennas that appeared on Ebay.  I used
some rg6  filched from the cable installer so I  have enough downlead
to raise the GPS antenna higher to get a better sky view.  The 40db unit
seems to be able to drive two Thunderbolts without an amp.  Still
need the amp if I want to see anything on a spectrum analyzer.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com