[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Sun Jun 3 19:44:05 UTC 2012

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth with my prior blank email.

Mea Culpa.

Chris, I went thru this process several years ago and ended up purchasing the G3RUH GPSDO.  For amateur radio usage (vs time nuts usage) it seemed like a good choice to me.   I also liked not having to roll the dice on an auction site purchase for a piece of surplus gear.   I've since acquired a number of other units that are more time nuts oriented.   Be warned acquiring a GPSDO can be the first step in long journey to determine how good your GSPDO actually is.  Over the last few years I've spent far more time and money on time nuts pursuits than on amateur radio.

Regards
Mark Spencer
VE7AFZ