[time-nuts] GPS / GNSS front-end board

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jun 5 19:43:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:48:17 -0400
Michael Tharp <gxti at partiallystapled.com> wrote:

> Disclaimer: I know very little about actually implementing a GPS
> receiver, and about RF in general, but I know a cool project when I see
> one and this has a lot of the elements needed for a fully open-source
> timing receiver. Looking forward to further developments, and if there's
> another list you're more active on do let me know.

Get yourself a copy of "A software defined GPS and Galileo Receiver"
by Borre et. al.[1] It explains how GPS signals are structured,
received and decoded in a quite simple language. It is nearly a
step by step receip on how to build a complete receiver.

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.springerlink.com/content/w5151k87k3043l63/

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?