[time-nuts] Paywall rant

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Tue Jun 5 20:56:22 UTC 2012

   Do it before libraries are outlawed!
   Getting information is getting more and more difficult.  Perhaps we are
   seeing the sunset of the "age of information."

   On 06/05/12, Tom Harris<celephicus at gmail.com> wrote:

   A previous employer of mine would not come up with a subscription to
   IEEE
   mags, so I found an alternative: I joined the local university library
   as
   an external borrower. This gave me a login to all the electronic mags
   that
   the library subscribed to, unfortunately it only worked inside the
   library's firewall, but I was able to download articles onto a USB
   stick.
   Days of reading fun for $120!
   --
   Tom Harris <[1]celephicus at gmail.com>