[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Wed Jun 6 00:20:58 UTC 2012

> Hi

> For your immediate need, a Thunderbolt sounds like the ideal
> solution. It will give you a very accurate reference to sort out
> your test gear and likely "good enough" phase noise for most of the
> rest of what you want to do. Once you get into the microwave stuff,
> plan your PLL's properly and all will be well there.

> Bob

I have thought of something I am unable to find an answer for via the
normal Googling, etcetera. When I get my GPS locked standard will it
be able to feed several items of test equipment simultaneously? IE,
say a sig gen, a frequency counter, and my possible next purchase, a
Signal Hound USB spectrum analyser? I believe a friend once said he
uses a GPS reference throughout his shack, but I wasn't sure if he
meant to multiple devices at the same time, or individually, manually
swapping cables al the time. Thanks.

06/06/2012 01:16

--
       Best Regards,