[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS rollover

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Thu Jun 7 02:33:54 UTC 2012

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I also have a question about using
the Thunderbolt in the future.  I'm considering using 4 of them in a
multilateration setup to track an amateur rocket with an onboard
beacon.  I'm a few years away from the flight so I don't want to invest
in hardware that may not work.  It doesn't matter if the date (or even
the absolute time) is wrong as I'll just be measuring the delta time
between reception of the beacon and each unit's 1 PPS output.  However,
accurate position data would be required.  I would also need the 10 MHz
to be usable to drive the counter measuring the delta time.

Will the unit still "work" but just put out the wrong date?  Or will it
effectively turn into a brick?

Thanks,
-Bob