[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS rollover

Robert Watzlavick.com rocket at watzlavick.com
Thu Jun 7 03:35:10 UTC 2012

Onboard gps units tend to drop out at high altitude and/or high velocities due to COCOM limits. Some will re-acquire at apogee but it doesn't always work.  I'm planning for onboard telemetry but a multilateration system is the backup.

I correspond with others on aRocket and unrestricted gps units still aren't available to the average person without a lot of paperwork and $$$.

-Bob