[time-nuts] Thunderbolt GPS rollover

Cliff Sojourner cls at employees.org
Thu Jun 7 03:37:34 UTC 2012

probably the best rocket tracker

http://bigredbee.com/blgps_2mhp.htm

there are others.  depending on acceleration and duration, GPS + APRS
tracking can be unreliable.  it seems most COS parts fail at over 15Gs
acceleration; the ITAR limits come in at 60000 feet and/or mach 1.

so, additionally fly a simple Morse tracker like this

http://bigredbee.com/BeeLine.htm

between the two, you will get your rocket back.  speaking from experience!!

Cliff K6CLS