[time-nuts] Morion MV89A pics

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 01:00:52 UTC 2012

I just got an DOXCO made by Frequency Electronics, Inc., so the first thing
I did was remove the screws from the outer cover to open it up and check
out the insides. Once I removed the foam so I could see the oven, I had the
feeling of deja vu. but I'd never owned one of these units before. I realized
that it was exactly the same as the oven inside a Morion MV89A that I've
seen on this list and where FEI apparently owns Morion it wasn't too much
of a surprise. The OXCO part number is FE-489A which is pretty close
to the Morion MV89A part number as well. Attached is a photo of the FE
on the left and the photo of the Morion from this list on the right.

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/rjb1998/FE-489A89A1024.jpg

Here is a view of the entire board which has a DB-9 connector to connect
to the outside world. In the foreground is the output which converts the 5Mhz
output of the oscillator to 15Mhz that goes to the SMA connector. The size
of this OXCO is exactly the same as the 5650A rubidium oscillator by FEI.
Adjustment may be digital and/or analog.
.
http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/rjb1998/FE-489A606-1.jpg

-Arthur