[time-nuts] Two Different FE-5680A's

Ken Kubick kenkubick at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 03:07:52 UTC 2012

Hi Joseph,  I have baught five FE-5680A's from nichgeek.  I have taken the covers off all of them.  What I have learned in my dealings with nichgeek is there seems to be two different kinds of FE-5680A.  I have not checked the part numbers though.  One is programable by RS-232 commands and no output on the 9 pin connector.  In order to program and get output you have to modify the cover by adding a slot and a hole and wire up the connectors.  The other one is not programmable and has fixed 10Mhz output. The PCB layouts are totally different inside.  You can tell whih one you have without removing the cover by looking for the press in stud marks on the bottom plate.

Any questions feel free to email me.

Good Luck

Ken Kubick