[time-nuts] Rapco 1804m

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 17:42:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Paul Flinders <paul at flinders.org> wrote:

> Went off to do some other stuff then came back to find it just in a loop
> resetting itself, running for a few seconds, then resetting itself again.
>
> It had also clearly forgotten it's idea of the current time as it now
> reports a UTC time of just a few minutes past midnight 1/1/99.
>
> Does anyone know if there is there any common fault or operating problem
> that would make it do this

Could be any kind of internal failure.  But I'd check out the antenna and
the antenna feed line.  I've seen broken ground shields and water wicked
inside the coax, is there DC in the center conductor (as measured at the
antenna end of the cable) so the amp inside the antenna can be powered.  Is
the  DC voltage correct?  Does the antenna work with some other GPS
receiver?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California