[time-nuts] Trimble/Nortel NTGS50AA GPSDO not start

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Tue Jun 12 00:01:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I received one of those boards from the usual Chinese supplier.  I tried
to power it up according to the specs but the DC/DC converter doesn't start.
Tracing the power path, I find that after protective diodes and fuses,
the -48 V line is interrupted by a power MOSFET and the question is:  is
it necessary to make any other connections, such as strapping the
mounting holes to a chassis, in order to make it start? Or maybe is my
unit faulty?

TIA for your help,
Ignacio EB4APL