[time-nuts] Sidereal time

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 16 13:06:32 UTC 2012

On 6/15/12 9:49 PM, Mark Sims wrote:

> Lady Heather can do sidereal time.   Specify either the LMST, LAST, GMST or GAST time zone (for Local/Greenwich Mean/Apparent Sidereal Time).

you can do what I do to drive "mars time" clocks.  Hydrogen maser
derived 10 MHz into a HP 3325B set for the right rate for the clock
(i.e. slightly less than 32kHz).  I wouldn't be "true" sidereal time
(because the rate is uniform), but it's an easy and straightforward
approach.

(and no, the Maser derived 10 MHz isn't needed, but I happen to have it
handy, so why not)