[time-nuts] Vectron Type 229 Crystal Oscillator

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 20:13:12 UTC 2012

Hi Don

Thanks for the reply, the can itself is certainly soldered shut but whether
 or not the base is intended to be fully sealed or just to provide
insulation  around the pins I'm not sure, given that the can seal is probably
breached  anyway by the nut fixed SMA socket.

I've been assuming the output is sinusoidal but that's really just a guess
as I have no information on either that or the specified power output.

I've also been searching to try and identify any items of Racal kit that
might have used a 100MHz oscillator but have drawn a blank so far, and not
too  sure they would have used a Vectron oscillator anyway if it was a UK
manufactured product, so that might just have been a false  alarm.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 23/06/2012 20:54:28 GMT Daylight Time, djl at montana.com