[time-nuts] Spoofing GPS

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Jun 26 23:57:29 UTC 2012

If the GPS is jammed, the UAV goes into a failsafe mode. That can mean a lot of things, but often just orbit. I FOIAd a crash near Creech that sounded according to newspaper account as to crashing in "free territory". It failsafed into the side of a mountain located on restricted territory.

The deal with UAVs used in cities is they will probably be controlled via  terrestrial link rather than satellite. Satellite control can be troublesome.  Weak signals and significant latency.