[time-nuts] Spoofing GPS - news article

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Jun 28 19:09:51 UTC 2012

Hi Steve:

It's my understanding that they do have baro altimeters, gyros and accelerometers plus some other flight stability inputs.
But . . .  they seem to be vulnerable to some forms of GPS jamming or spoofing.

If jamming started out with the same satellite positions as were currently in the sky then I don't see how the physical
sensors would be of any help.
It's similar to range gate walk off  RADAR jamming.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com