[time-nuts] Naive reference oscillator qustion, but has to be asked!

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:22:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv> wrote:

>  29/06/2012 10:49
>
> Titter if you must, but if you don't ask, you don't learn. My newly
> acquired Kenwood TS-590 transceiver has an option for a temperature
> controlled reference xtal module. The specs for it are :

A GPS disciplined oscilator ccould have much better specs then Kenwood
reference.  But what you need to do is figure out your requirements.  You
could spend a lot of time and money making something literally 1000 times
better than you need.  But then this list is call "time NUTS" and so you
might want to do it just because you can.     But if economy is a goal you
need a set of requirements.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California