[time-nuts] AD9850 boards

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Mar 1 17:36:44 UTC 2012

Hi

The basic issue is that below a certain dollar volume you go from being a
factory direct account to being a distributor account. There is a little
wiggle room in most contracts about the point that happens, but not a whole
lot. Most of us simply do not do the millions of dollars / year volumes (per
supplier) that get you into the factory direct category.

Yes indeed this does apply directly to the AD9850. At one point we more or
less tripped over the magic boundary with the AD9854 and set off some alarm
bells at Analog Devices. The project died soon after that ...

Bob