[time-nuts] Loran transmitters back on the air.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 2 04:26:18 UTC 2012

What sort of accuracy can I expect from a Loran type system?

I assume the answer is "it depends", but I'm looking for the overview type
answer.  What does it depend upon?  What are the ballpark type answers?  What
info should I be providing to get better answers?

I assume it depends upon the distance from the transmitter.  How much does it
depend upon time-of-day type propagation delays?

If I use GPS to determine my position, how much does a known good position
help a Loran type system to determine timing at a that location?  Assume I
have months to calibrate the system.