[time-nuts] Loran transmitters back on the air.

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Fri Mar 2 04:54:09 UTC 2012

I about agree. It consistently nailed my position w/in about 100 feet on a
LORAN Chart using an early uP (8085) based receiver  (Appelco). The
antenna was a Radio Shack whip with a preamp at its base.

With an Austron 2100F against a Rb and Oscilloquartz or HP 117A things
were reliably in few in 10 E-11. I saw no diurnal shift as with WWVB, but
am in the Boston area. I never did any data logging or careful
measurements, but just used it to tweek the crystals every month or so.

FWIW,

-John