[time-nuts] Sidereal seconds

aartmolsen at comcast.net aartmolsen at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 15:48:35 UTC 2012

Forty years ago I made a sidereal rate generator that inserted 128 pulse for every 46751 counted ("solar" frequency) pulses. The ratio of 46879/46751 is an accurate sidereal rate, good to 1 second in about 650 years. I used some CD4029 presettable counters to count down from 46751 and used two outputs differing by 2**7 to generate the 128 pulses, So this may be useful if you can come up with a method that can similarly count pulses and add some.

Aart Olsen