[time-nuts] Questions about Austron 5000 Loran C receiver

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 3 19:25:16 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012 06:47 PM, Rob Kimberley wrote:
> Hi, I used to work for Austron, but I don't remember a 5000. All their
> receivers were 2xxx series (2000C, 22100F etc).
>
> Can you send me a photo?

http://www.loran.org/ILAArchive/ILA%20Journal%20Final%20Scans/1977-Journal.pdf

Top of page 63 (page 65 in PDF).

You see the actual receiver on top of the PDP-8/E. The question is if
you have the full set or not.

It is actually a digital receiver where each of the 8 channels samples 3
samples with 12 bits, timed appropriately. The PDP-8 then do the channel
tracking loops and other calculations.

There's a lot of Loran-C stuff out there.

I didn't managed to find a Austron 5000 manual, but it would be fun to
find it.

Cheers,
Magnus