[time-nuts] Questions about Austron 5000 Loran C receiver

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 4 15:57:04 UTC 2012

Hi

A few things that likely are true:

The PDP-8 was a machine that did things in microseconds rather than nanoseconds. It is unlikely the interface ran very fast.

Parallel I/O was the typical approach back then. The big green connectors likely attach to a fairly standard parallel port.

Memory was pretty expensive stuff. The code may be pretty simple.

Based on that one big question:

Did the cables with the (expensive) mating connectors come with the box? Simply mating up with the box could turn this into an expensive endeavor.

Bob