[time-nuts] FCC Chair Talks Spectrum, Gets GPS Letter

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:25:50 UTC 2012

Personally, I would be opposed to LS even if they *did* offer to
replace every GPS in the world at their cost.  The real issue here is
more fundamental - if you are going to allow people to operate high
power terrestrial based transmitters in a designated satellite
downlink band then what is the point of having spectrum planning at
all?

I suppose you can't really blame LS for trying it on - the real fault
lies with the FCC for not shooting the idea down completely when it
was first suggested.

Regards,

Pete