[time-nuts] Agilent 53230A Counter

Frank Stellmach frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Sun Mar 11 08:09:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

Does anybody know details about the time interpolator in the 53230A? I
did not find service manuals online containing the 'Theory of Operation'.

The 5370 interpolator obviously was well-respected for its high
linearity and low jitter, based upon the dual-vernier digital
interpolator, but other T.I. counters containing analogous
capacitor-integrators often suffer from non-linearities and higher jitter.

As agilent obviously does not manufacture the 10811 OCXO anymore, what
do they use instead, and from which supplier?

Frank