[time-nuts] FE5680A Calibration

Chris Stake stake at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 14 15:17:20 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I purchased a FE5680A from a Chinese  Ebay vendor. I have connected it to a
16.5V laptop supply, added 7805-based 5V rail and a PMOS Fet switch to drive
a LED for the "locked" signal. I can communicate with it using the excellent
Fe5680Calibrator software. As received the frequency offset is set to Zero
and the unit seems to work well.

I plan to put it into service as a workshop frequency reference and so would
like to set it close to 10.0Mhz. I have various oscillator modules, signal
generators, SDR receivers, GPS receivers, a scanner, some uncalibrated
test-gear. I live in a river valley in North Devon UK so radio reception is
a bit restricted but I receive digital television via a masthead amplifier
and long downlead.

Could someone please suggest a way of going about this?

Regards

Chris Stake