[time-nuts] WWVB BPSK Receiver Project?

Marek Peca marek at duch.cz
Thu Mar 15 14:39:44 UTC 2012

Dear american colleagues,

as I read last few posts about WWVB, I am very tempted to return to LF
time signal fun. As I wrote you, there vere very good results using cheap
2 IC circuitry and a PC with our local DCF77 signal.

Under influence of this maillist, I am thinking about recreating of the
receiver using recent MCU, ferrite rod on one side, optional 10MHz input,
USB device acting as a standard USB audio class soundcard output.
Everything working with GNUradio, MATLAB, HAM waterfalls etc. out of the
box.

Could be used as an audio frequency front-end for HAM radio, too.

Would you be interested in such a kit? It should be <$100 all inclusive,
if there will be more people involved (let say 5-10) to cover PCBs.

Best regards,
Marek