[time-nuts] broadband MPX signal stereo

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 19:31:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Azelio Boriani
<azelio.boriani at screen.it> wrote:
> Are you sure that a .WAV file can support the full MPX stereo and RDS
> signal? I suspect that you need raw samples that a sound card can't handle.

Some audio interfaces have a low pass filter to cut off at about 20KHz
but many don't have the filter.     The user manual should list the
bandwidth of the interface.  Mine claims to be flat out to 40KHz.  But
it varies.

For example the EMU 2020 user manual reads
"Frequency Response (min gain, 20Hz-20kHz): +0.0/-0.07dB"
But what happens after 20KHz?  The specs don't say.   You have to test
it yourself and see.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California